Week of Summer

So. It's not like I haven't done anything all summer. It's not like I haven't been busy. I have. But my poor sweet kids have not reaped the rewards of a blissful summer, until last week. I put everything aside (well, not everything...) and planned out our "Week of Summer"

Monday: Picnic at the Park ("the one by the firestation with the firepole and baseball field and by where the library use to be..." AJ's description.) It was great! Although next time I go I need to remember the WD40 to lubricate the (what is the spinny thing called??? not a merry-go-round . . . but . . . ????) yeah, that.

Tuesday: This is the Place Park (for the 2nd time this summer, but it is big enough that we didn't hit anything twice except the chore house... why kids like to do chores the old fashioned way is not a mystery, but amusing)

After we got back, after our kids had dinner and all that, we were outside playing and Lisa invited me to come taste "This Yummy Chicken" that she made her family for dinner. Nice try Lisa. FISH can never taste like Chicken..... I'll get you.... (insert evil "mu ha ha ha" laughter)

Wednesday: Lagoon. Where else can you observe pure euphoria and sheer terror in one day? Seriously! What a blast! Lagoon hasn't been this much fun since I was a kid! Watching my kids experience the vast emotions our minds have to offer, so expressively and so spontaneously, was the highlight for me. And the part on the tilt-a-whirl where I actually laughed until I cried, for the first time in a long time.

Thursday: Bowling. Heidi's Idea. I can't claim it. It was... i want to say fun, but at the same time I want to say insane! It was Ashlyn's first time bowling and she ended up enjoying herself, eventually. Bowling alleys have come a long way since the smoke filled establishments of my memory. (carson went shopping with bj)




Friday: Splash Park. My friend Nicole (who has been a dear friend since elementary school) brought her kids out and we went to the Splash park. While we were there a poor little girl smacked her face on the pavement and bit a nice size hole in her tongue. It still makes me cringe to think of it...ew! After the park, we came home and chatted in the sun while the kiddies played outside.

***Dinner tonight was one for the books. We went to Kneaders with some friends. And for the second time in a week, I laughed until I cried...at the sight of ----- frozen nearly unconscious and bright red, after being kissed (on the neck) by my husband.

Saturday:Donuts and friends, bikes and scooters. Doesn't get much better than that.

Sunday: Cute Carson, all ready for church. (not really "Week of Summer" but really cute!)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

OH! How FUN!! That week sounds like a great one... I don't like fish either!! I loved watching my kids at Lagoon as well! Fun times!

Brian and Wendy said...

Why did you leave out Brian O'Neil's name? I hear he is very comfortable with his sexuality!

Aimee said...

You're kids are cute. Summer days are the best days.

rccastleberryfamily said...

How fun! It's so fun to forget about laundry and housework and just have fun!! But it stinks worse after, but oh well! We still have P.C. to look forward too!

@mie said...

You guys are always so busy!!! =) It looks like you guys had a blast!