
Ashlyn decided she wants to be "Ladybug Girl" for Halloween. She got the idea from a book I got her to match her room. It is a darling book about a little girl named lulu who invents the "Super Hero" "Ladybug Girl". She has a few simple adventures with her dog (which spoils the book for me... why make a darling book and ruin it with the ugliest dog in fiction?) The graphics are pretty cute, I love that she has short brown and a round little face, just like my "Ladybug Girl" ... and now I get to figure out how to make the wings and try and find some boots (although we will be adding black leggings to our freezing utah halloween festivities)
As far as the other two kids' costumes... I am hoping I will be able to get carson to be a bug (I borrowed a costume from Lisa) and AJ can't make up his mind. He'll probably end up being a superhero (grumble, grumble).
I am curious as to what costumes you and your little ones will be sporting this year...???
9 comments:
Thanks for all of the sweet comments! You're so cute! We need to get together soon! Its really been way too long! Where are y'all living!?
cute Liz. Really what a good mom.
And I'm with you on the ruin a darling book with a dog :) I haven't read the book, but the dog is on the cover. :)
I think for Halloween Parker with be a fireman and Aiden will be his little dalmation puppy.
make sure you post pictures of your cute kids!
What a cute book, we will have to read it. But I agree with you on the dog thing, I am not a dog person!
Ash will look so cute, good luck!
I think we will have one football player (same as last year, boring), a cheerleader and probably a princess (so original). We will see, things could change!
Good thing you are crafty. My kids will be hating me for my lack of sewing skills.
What a darling book.
Dallen is stuck on being Anakin from Star Wars. And Anna wants to be a fairy pink bunny...do they make those costumes???
That actually looks like a pretty easy one to make. I had to tackle making an Annika dress from Barbie and the Magic of Pegasis movie a couple of years ago. The store-bought costumes just looked so cheap (and not near enough material for a cold Utah evening).
Buy a long-sleeved red liotard, a red tutu, some tan tights (I have some in her size if you want to borrow), Yarn and red pom-poms for the antennae, pre-made wings... if you can't find them, some wire and sheer fabric and quick stitch on some black spots, shop DI for some red boots and stick some black spot stickers on them and voila! Sounds like fun to me! Good luck!
fun ideas-my kids don't know yet what they want to be except Natalie her and Lauren want to be thing one and thing two from dr seuss. they just don't want to look dumb when they go to seperate schools without their other half! :)
Anyone wearing Ash's witch costume from last year? Can we borrow it? Am I cheap or what?
ADORABLE! I just found your blog! Your kids are sooooooooooooooo freakin' cute. Your family looks to be doing well. Check out my kidos. phscottfamily.blogspot.com
Lots of love, Heather Scott(Lewis)
Post a Comment