I love the consistent routine that offers peace and sanity (ironically, as I type this sentence Ashlyn and Carson are having a "I hate you" yelling match... hmmm.). I feel like I am more productive, my kids behavior is managable and my level of all around tolerance is much higher.

One thing I don't like about the school year is that when my alarm clock is set for 7:00 my body insists on beating the alarm and waking up 10 minutes early. Instead of taking advantage of an extra 10 minutes of kid-less awake time, I pessimistically feel cheated. I could get up, but no. I scoff and roll over and wait...... and wait............ and wait........................... for what seems to be the longest ten minutes EVER. Once my ipod alarm clock chooses my wake-up song of the day, I roll over to face the truth, slap it in the face, and take the next 10 minutes to actually sleep. The second song is always better than the first one anyway.
0 comments:
Post a Comment