Nappy New Year

I am always so exhausted on New Year's Day.  This year BJ worked on New Year's Eve and had plans to go shooting with his dad and brother's in law on New Year's Day.  So, I decided to take the kids to my parents and have a sleep over. They were ecstatic.  Especially AJ when he was asked by Grandpa if he wanted to go skiing...at an actual resort.  Dad took he and Camden to Brighton, rented snowboarding equipment, and entered them in lessons. 

Can we say cloud 9???

AJ couldn't smile big enough.  He quickly got all the gear he needed and got right in the truck (Before Grandpa was even ready!).  I was a little jealous I was going to miss his excursion but knew he would tell me all about it when he got back. 

While they were on the crowded slopes, Mom taught me how to knit. I started a hat and a washcloth. Ash and carson fought consiousness until after lunch then crashed...as did mom and I.

Around 6:00 Dad and AJ got back and AJ was limping.  Dad then told me about the "Last Run" of the day where AJ went full speed off a berm and flew about 20 feet up in the air and landed right on his back.  Thank heavens AJ started writhing (and screaming) in pain or dad would have assumed he was paralyzed.  My stomach was lurching just watching dad's face as he told me what happened. He was so scared. After AJ thought about what a great story it would make he was able to calm down and make his way down the slope.

We cleaned up @ my parents and headed to Kellie's house in Tooele for dinner. 

What a great and memorable New Year's day.

0 comments: