Failure

Wow. After 2 months of waiting for my test result for my performance on the Utah Interpreter test I thought I would be more upset that I failed. 

Yes. I failed. 

They actually used the term, "skills do not meet the standard for the Novice Level Certificate". 

Although I am not tearfully upset, I am emotionally depressed about it. I feel like I did the absolute best I could have done and it wasn't good enough. I am not good enough. I have relatively high self esteem, but what a hit this was. Not only do I feel like I have wasted years of training, but I feel like I hit a brick wall. How do I get over it? When I thought I was good enough and was proven not to be...

YECH! I hate self pity. Statistically first time testers have to take it twice, but I can't help but think that a second time will be even harder. I will do it. I will take the test again, but I have to save $200 in order to take it. I also need to practice, and not having any involvement with the Deaf community I don't have a lot of exposure to the language and, well, I am rambling. Enough. 

Bring on round 2.

0 comments: