11 years old

September 30 2012

My, how time flies.
I can't believe it was 11 years ago that my life changed forever. I remember so vividly my whole birth experience with him... Water breaking, heart rate dropping, Popsicle craving, ice chewing, contractions burning, epidural popping, monitors beeping, med students observing, doctor hesitating, still not dilating, fingers numbing, frightful wondering, mind not calming, o.r. wheeling, numbness tugging, stomach churning...
Baby crying
Baby crying!
Tears falling, Heart singing, love bounding.
Inhaling, reveling, nursing, snuggling, crying.
Visitors smiling, heel pricking, circumcising, picture taking, family making, life starting.

It goes without saying that I love AJ dearly. I am so proud of him. He has such a fun way of thinking (I say fun, but other words that could be used are, creative, weird, funny, naughty, curious,) that makes our conversations so powerful. He has an amazing heart and loves so easily and can feel so deeply (which is a constant challenge for him...us). His athleticism is paramount. I still can't believe some of the stunts he can do. His imagination is astounding. HE is astounding.
I love you AJ. Thanks for being you.

What an amazing experience it has been. AJ is such a delight and joy in our lives.

Happy Birthday AJ!!!!

0 comments: