Sometimes I look at this amazing young man and can't believe he's mine. I mean, really... It's like an out-of-body experience. Not because he's twelve and I'm too young for a 12 year old (wink, wink), and not because he doesn't look a thing like me, (?) but because I am in utter, confounding, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, AWE of the person he is becoming. The hyperactivity, I can see (as can anyone who knew me as a child...teen... Ok, as anyone who KNOWS me can see) but because he is so full of expressive emotion; He is so smart; and his imagination can comprehend just about any scenario. He is truly an amazing young man. I love spending time with him and listening to him talk about his ideas and dreams.
This kid is going somewhere.
Today he went to church and was ordained to the office of a Deacon in the Aaronic priesthood, of our church.
Another reason this kid is going somewhere is because not only does he have parents that would do absolutely anything for him, but his extended support group is HUGE, and love him so much! This group is only about 1/8th of his main supporters. (Others are on vacation, tending to sick kids, or couldn't come for whatever reason).
We love our family.
So
So
So
Much
Although my parents couldn't make it, my mom planned ahead and had Carrie deliver this gift to AJ. Who isn't bound to succeed when as a "gift" his grandparents tell him to get a recommend and they will take him on an overnight temple trip to his choice of Utah based temples? Just AJ, Grandma, Grandpa, and a heart full of love.
He is so blessed.
So
So
So
Blessed.
1 comments:
And it just so happened to be the primary program today too!!
Post a Comment