Beautiful snowy baptism day

We woke up this morning to a fresh clean blanket of white snow covering as far as we could see. We knew it would be an early morning because one of Ashlyn's best friends was getting baptized! Chloe, Ashlyn's daily escape, had even asked her to join her in singing, "Baptism" at the meeting. Ashlyn agreed and practiced whole-heartily. As she practiced I couldn't help but hope Katie, Chloe's mom, had a back-up plan since the last time Ashlyn attempted a public performance she popped her pointer fingers in her mouth, bowed her head and swiveled her hips in a nervous fashion.
Each time she ran through the song I gave her the, "what-if's": what if you forget the words, what if the pianist messes up, what if Chloe stops singing... looking back, it was probably a negative approach, but I was nervous for her! When we got to the church they ran through it once. She held a program and found her spot. When the time came for her to sing I almost had to put my foot in her back to dislodge her from the pew, but she managed to get up, reverently walk up to the pulpit, and join Chloe in their song. They had a rough start- it's hard to sing with a smile that big- but ended up singing all three verses beautifully! I was so proud!! I love baptisms. I Especially love to watch the children enter into the water and unabashedly grin from ear to ear. Chloe seemed to have an even bigger smile than I've ever seen on her always smiling face. We were so glad that we could be part of her special event.

0 comments: