Have I mentioned lately how blessed I am? I really need to count my blessings right now because after getting a picture like this.........
......And knowing that more than half of my family is there while I am home, a bit of perspective will do me good.
So... My current feelings of gratitude are towards my parents. A couple weeks ago when we went to the cabin, I was feeling a little stressed about school, work, and everything I'm piling in my plate. Well, my amazingly intuitive mother picked up on my angst and called a couple days after our return offering her time as a laundress, house-keeper and loving grandparent. I tearfully accepted her proposal and vowed to look at my schedule and let her know a good time to pick up some of my slack. The next day Bj and I had tickets to go see Wicked and though our kids are old enough to leave home, with out parental guidance, I still hate leaving them alone. After we got situated in our center section row seven seats I called home to check in. Aj answered and revealed the secret: grandma and grandpa were there. At our house. My stress level immediately simmered to an all time low and I was able to enjoy the (AMAZING!!!) play even more than I would have been able to. When we got home my parents were gone, but only barely. The house was clean, (including the kids rooms!) laundry was done, the kids were reading in bed to the soft glow of their night lights waiting for their fairy-tale evening to tuck them in and kiss them goodnight.
And that is normal behavior for my parents.
Tonight, my dad came out for dinner (since Mom, Matt, Rich, John and their fams are in Tahoe) and played with the kids, went to Carson's soccer practice, cooked corn (that he brought) sliced watermelon (that he brought) and took AJ to scouts. He's such a busy guy but loves being around us and just comes and fills our home with love then let's us enjoy it the rest of the evening.
So although my family isn't witnessing the cycle of life or photographing bears at the luxurious Lake Tahoe with their aunts, uncles, cousins and grandma, we are feeling loved and loving life.
0 comments:
Post a Comment