Silent Lesson

Relief society is something I really look forward to. Our teachers put a lot of thought into their lesson and really know how to invite the spirit. About a month ago, my good friend Katie, knowing my obsession with the Rhonna Designs app, asked if I would help put together some visual aides to coincide with an upcoming Christmas lesson. I was eager to help and so impressed with how the lesson turned out. 

The lesson began with an introduction then the RS presidency passed out a notebook with an introduction on the first page stating this would be a "silent lesson" and on the first 5 pages there are quotes (see below) that are excerpts from a song (and a video message) that were played. As we read the quote and listened to the song/message, we wrote down thoughts and answered questions that were in the note book. I had never had a silent lesson before but really enjoyed it. I loved that my thoughts were my own and unencumbered by comments of others. (Which isn't a bad thing, but a nice change of pace) 
Now I have a great start to my "church notes" notebook. 

They started with the video clip then played the songs. Between each one there was a small interlude of music so people could finish up their thoughts before we moved on to the next page. I wish they had explained a little more because some people didn't know that each quote matched up with a specific song. Other than that it was a great experience. 

Here are the quotes/songs:

You Raise me Up - Josh Grobin


Christmas in July - Gwen Sebastian


Glorious - David Archuleta

Not that far from Bethlehem - Point of Grace 



0 comments: