Taco-tot casserole

I could also label this post "Leftover-leftovers"...

I like cooking. I stretch myself super thin and our diet has suffered the consequence. I go through waves, as every working-school-going-religiously-active-mother-of-three does, as far as my culinary attention, so imagine my delight when I created a delightful casserole out of our Taco-tot night leftovers! (Taco-tot: a night of tacos and tater tots) I basically threw all our leftovers in a baking dish! here's what the recipe ended up as:

1/2(ish)lb leftover taco meat
1/2(ish) can leftover black beans
1/2(ish) can leftover corn
Leftover tater tots (2c-ish) 
Gently coat above ingredients with one can red enchilada sauce. Press into appropriately sized baking dish, top with cheese. Cover with foil and put in fridge. Serve or freeze within the next couple days.  Heat through to cook. (350 for about 30-40-ish min)
Here's how it was received:
Dad: saw me "preparing" it and asked for it to be served while he was at work. 
Mom: inhaled a serving before relief society and thought about it all night and couldn't wait to eat leftover-leftovers for lunch the next day. 
Aj:"it was fine"
Ash:"it looked too gross so I just made a quesadilla"
Cars:"I had a scoop, then another one...then one more"
So... The less pick members of our brood liked it, but since I'm the head chef, it'll be on the menu again. And again. -ish. 

0 comments: