Women's conference

I don't love sitting still. 3 hours every Sunday is sometimes more than I can bear. I always come out of it ok, mostly (now that my kids are "older") I feel like I come out for the better. But when there's an "extra" conference, it takes all of my grown-up willpower to get there. 

Twice a year our church (lds.org) holds a semi-annual general conference. As part of that, they hold a couple other meetings. One of them, that occurs the week before the "big show", is the Women's Conference. They generally have some of the leading Women from select auxiliaries who speak with an accompanying general authority.  All women, ages 8 and up are invited to attend. The session is broadcasted worldwide and we are encouraged to attend at a local meetinghouse, but also have the option to watch from home. 

This particular conference, I had grand plans to make an event out of it and contact my sisters and attend together. My ambition simmered to watching it on my iPad at home. 
Then my mom called. 
I am so glad she did. If she hadn't, I probably would have settled for the next installment of our X-Men marathon and missed out on all that was said. Instead, my mom came out to Herriman to attend with Ashlyn and I. Our stake even had a photo booth set up to commemorate the event (the first general meeting in out newly built building). Other than the too-dark-for-note-taking, it was a perfect evening. I was able to jot down a few quotes that stuck out that I want to remember. (Below). We finished the evening off at a local mexiraunt giving us full bellies, to go along with our full hearts, and souls. 

0 comments: