Yw camp 2016

July 5-8 2016
Ashlyn has watched and helped me for hours upon hours as I served as the YW camp director in our ward.  Now that I am no longer the director, she finally is old enough to go!  She has been looking forward to it since she was ten years old and was first exposed to it.  
She really loves sticking her tongue out in pictures... she gets that from her daddy.  I was glad that she still wanted me to come.  She is at that age where she doesn't need mom around so much, and wants her around even less.  When I told her I wouldn't go if she would rather have the experience without me, she insisted that i come.  I'll admit, her positive attitude about me going set my heart a-flutter.  I absolutely love being with my kids.  Any of them.  At any time.  This girl is my world, and I am so glad that I am still part of hers.

She loved her first year at camp.  She strengthened some friendships with some of the girls in our ward, made some fun crafts, did some fun activities, and had an absolute blast.  She said her favorite part of camp was the zip line.  Heber Valley Girls Camp has an obstacle course that is an incredible experience.  Not only do they get to do things they wouldn't get to do anywhere else, but they connect everything to a spiritual level that the girls can accept or ignore, depending on their state of mind.  I am glad I got to spend the last day with her and hope we have more YW camp moments in the future.

Love ya sis!!

0 comments: