Halloween!

My kids did not even bat an eye when I told them I would only put up Halloween decorations if they helped me.  Since no one offered, we had no festive decor.  It may become a tradition since no one really cared.  We still had plenty of candy... as a matter of fact, we had an abundance.  Since I bought candy about two weeks early, and BJ decided to buy two boxes of snack-sided Doritos to pass out to trick-or-treaters.  The original plan was for AJ to stay home and pass out the booty and I would go with Ash and Cars, but Aj decided, last minute, to go as a "parkourist" and collect candy with friends.  So he left, then Ash (Queen of Hearts) went with Macey Francis (White Rabbit) and Tesla Schaffer (Black Cat) and Carson ("Conner" from assassins creed) went with Joseph.  I stayed home.  It was quite lovely.  I was tempted to blow out my jack-o-lanterns and binge on almond joys and doritos, but I did not want to be left picking up half eaten bags of extremely cheesy chips for the next year.  So I put in MockingJay (part 2), and kept the remote handy so I could pause it every minute, open the door, and throw treats at kids so they could get on their way.  All in all it was a delightful night.

My favorite part of the evening was when Ash and Cars came home and sorted their candy.  I got a kick out of how carson organized his candy:
Sweet: Candy bars, soda pop, etc
Suckers: things on sticks
Sour: sweet tarts, war heads, fun dip, etc
Chewy: Starbursts, air heads, gummy bears
Spicy: Hot Tamales, Doritos
Non-Candy: toothbrush, toys, etc.
The other thing that made me laugh was after Ash organized hers (more agreeable with my logic... and probably the rest of the planet) she counted the items in each category and logged them in her notebook creating a graph of treats.  A girl after my own heart.
Happy Halloween!!!



0 comments: