Off track with Carson

I have had so much fun being off track with my not-so-little baby boy!  Carson is such an enjoyable, delightful child full of humor, wit, sarcasm, and compassion, that I can not help but be full of life and love when I am around him.  Here are a few high lights of our time together this (our first of three for the 2017 school year) off-track:
October 26
Breakfast downtown to celebrate John's Birthday

October 26th @ the zoo. "Swag shots" with some "sick statues" according to the hipster Carson. He wanted to have all the zoo statues wear his fedora.  Silly boy. Glad Grandma and Grandpa were able to join us for this one!  They are always so fun to be around.
October 27th the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium.  We were here three hours! THREE!  I thought we would be in and out in one hour, but this kid loves his sea creatures.  He examined each one so intensely.  It always interests me to see what grabs his attention.  The tide pool is always a fun spot, as well as the stingray pool.  This time, he was particularly interested in the worm looking things that you barely even notice.  He looked at those things for a good 10 minutes in their mundane tank.  Fascinated.
October 31.  Finally all of my "Off Track tasks are mostly done (sewing, laundry, cleaning, halloween (today), etc, etc, etc, ) and it is a good thing because on the way home from the awesome Castleberry Halloween Party, our car decided to fizz out!  So... with a broken car (serpentine belt is broken) and an empty fridge, I introduce my child to the modern convenience of freaky-fast sandwiches, TV trays, and Movie Marathons.  He chose the Divergent movies.  Although I felt really lazy and extremely unproductive, It was refreshing to see the empty laundry baskets.

We also got regular tasks done as well, but having these two along always makes the trip a little more.... interesting?
In fact, during a run-of-the-mill outing to Oraon Gygi, for the best boullion ever, and a few other items, he declared, "mom, I don't know why, but I really like shopping". 
But, after three weeks of sleeping in, lunching out, high-price adventures, I asked him what his favorite thing was (not including Halloween), and he responded, "The massage chair at R.C. Willey." The $4,000 one on display in the electronic department. He even tried convincing AJ to choose it for an after school activity instead of the Skate-Park. 
Good to know you're easy to please, Cars. Good to know. Next track off, we'll hit up IKEA and R.C.Willey and call it good. 

Now that we are back in school, life will resume a sense of normalcy and we can go on counting down until our next break. 
8 weeks. 


 


 


 

















0 comments: