Two weeks after we brought AJ home from the hospital (as a newborn) he was sleeping through the night. He has always been a great sleeper....until recently. The past year AJ has woken up at least three times a night. Each time he wakes up, he comes in and tell me he had a bad dream, has to pee, or just wasn't tired anymore (not tired at 2:am???) So I decided that this morning I would get online and see if there was something the world wide web had to offer. I came across a site (this one) that encouraged me to "Rescript"dreams by basically changing the fearful parts into something that would empower you. I was ready to do this "exercise" with aj. He actually slept in my bed last night (which I never allow, but he didn't ask, I just woke up with his legs on top of my chest) so I know something was bothering him. Here's how the conversation went:
mom- "Aj, tell me about your dream last night"
Aj- "Me and you went to church and learned to be like Jesus"
then he turned and walked out of the room. Good thing I spent an hour and a half preparing for that conversation!
2 comments:
This is a great site. I love the pictures. Love everything! I don't know what else to say, so bye for now.
Keep it up!!!
Love,
Dad
Welcome to Blogging!!! I'm so excited!! I will be able to keep in touch with you so much better!!! By the way - I Love your Jacobs Ladder site!! You did an awesome job at showing everyone how to do it!! :)
Post a Comment