to SWAT or not to SWAT

I feel like another 50 years has been added on to BJ's earthly years! He quit the SWAT (Special Weapons And Tactics) team in November . . . I think it was November . . . anyway . . . What an exhausting period of life! He has been a firefighter since the march before we got married (in July) so I have had plenty of time to accept the possibilities of complications. But with SWAT, it was totally different! He would get a phone call or page and have to leave the house . . . DRESSED LIKE THIS!!! . . . I didn't sleep, or relax till I got his phone call saying he was on his way home. I guess a few years have been added to my life since he quit too! I got use to the firefighting, but with swat, there are guns and criminals involved EVERY TIME! I know that "People gotta do it [SWAT]" but I'm really, really, really, really glad it's not my babies' daddy anymore! (I LOVE YOU BJ!!!)

So before he turned in his gear, we took a few commemorative pictures (Ashlyn was at school so she wasn't in the picture) and I was able to finally scrapbook them last night at a "Crop" with Lynette and Lisa (thanks for inviting me!)

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Your scrapbooking is amazing!

I am glad he quit too!

Shannon said...

I am so glad he quit too -- I would not relax until I got that "I'm okay" phone call either

paperflower said...

Lizz I LOVE this layout!! You are so talented!!! Nice job!

This is Jen Ropp by the way! LOL!