Who's afraid of the big bad Leprechaun? MY KIDS!



I finally got the kids to bed! Alli, age 14 or 15 who lives across the street, and her friend came pounding on the door about an hour and a half ago (just as I was putting the kids in bed). The kids heard the knock, and ran to see who it was. The girls were in a panting fit, and barefoot (it's been snowing all evening) and panicked about hearing a possible intruder in the house. They were talking fast and at the same time and my kids were trying to understand what was happening. AJ interpreted it as a Leprechaun. Crap. I think I would rather have him worry about a real live robber than a fictional character! Since BJ was at the station, I called Greg (up the street) who helped the girls with their situation, so I could deal with mine. . .

After about an hour of searching the house with terrified AJ and Ashlyn, and trying to convince them that the L word is FAKE (so what if I am robbing them of this ONE childhood fantasy, they still have the stupid easter bunny!) AJ decided we had to call daddy (. . .who I quickly texted and told him to agree that L's are fake) who told him -thank you bj!- that the only one he knows, is the cartoon who puts the marshmallows in his favorite cereal (that I still maintain smells like urine). Anyway. Here comes another interrupted sleep! (do they make tylenol pm for kids???)

1 comments:

Aimee said...

ahhh this is too funny! I remember having irrational fears when I was little.

Oh, to be a kid again and only worry about Leprechanuns!