What makes Sunday worth it?


Sometimes, for the mother of 3 that I am, Sunday is such a headache that I wonder, "What on earth am I doing???" I spend all morning saying, "Don't make me tell you again...", "Hurry Up", "That is not appropriate for church". Then I suffer through sacrament while trying to keep my kids contained in a 3'x8' span of metal chairs because we are never on time for a padded pew, while at the same time keeping them out from under the chairs, and out of the neighbors cheerios (what's wrong with ours???) Then I teach primary, which is fun, but I teach the sunbeams...I have a sunbeam at home! Carson rarely stays in nursery, AJ is frequently found roaming the halls, or visiting the bishop, Ashlyn insists on sitting on her teacher's lap every Sunday! Then there's the drama when we get home; What's for lunch? Should we put them down for a nap before we go to grandma and grandpa's for dinner? Should we pack pj's or plan on being home by 7:00 which will NEVER happen?

Wouldn't the day be a lot easier if we just decided to stay home? Can we just teach the kids about God and Jesus on our own time on our own terms? Wouldn't life be easier if we weren't part of organized religion? Should we just quit? Should we just tell them that they should go, but not go till they're older?

My answer is definitely not. ABSOLUTELY not. I know that although at this point in our lives it is a HUGE trial, but it is just that. . . a trial that can be overcome. Seriously, what if I gave up every time things got a little difficult? What if I gave in any time I got tempted? Where would my life be then?

What if Jesus just gave up?

I was at BJ's parents house for corned beef and cabbage for dinner tonight, (yum!!!) and Emelie, his littlest sister showed me this video clip of a skit done to "Everything" by Lifehouse.
Thanks Em.

ps. Jesus really does love everyone! It's never too late, you aren't that bad, let him in.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

It is hard enough to get me and my husband to church on time. I can't imagine church life with kids!

Hang in there! They will be teenagers soon.

Shannon said...

that is sooo true about the cheerios..they always want the neighbors treats, when we have great ones in our bag.....I love it!