post secret

My cousin Aimee posted this picture on her blog a while ago and I can't get it out of my head. It was sent into Post Secret (site may contain inappropriate items) which I had never heard of but now frequently visit. (PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail
in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. -copied from ps website)

click to see picture I'm blogging about

I loved this admission because I all to often fixate on my guilt of having the perfect life. I stay up late fearing and wondering when something is going to go horribly wrong.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Lizz I love how you say this "site may contain inappropriate items" then continue....I visit it frequently. :)

I loved that post secret too.

Aimee said...

I hear the saddest stories at my internship site. The saddest stories of true life events that break my heart over and over again.

I have lived a sheltered, wonderful life that only continues to reveal truly wonderful surprises. I am constantly feeling guilty but deep inside my family is a testimony to how it is supposed to be and if I can give that to the world (and eventually my whole family) than I am ok with myself.

Everything is not perfect but it is has been pretty fantastic.

I am happy it has made you think too. And yes, there are sometimes interesting secrets but overall I enjoy seeing them.

Amanda said...

Here's my take on that: I feel we create what we want in life- and so when I read the book "The Secret" I immediately decided that it's not worth worrying about the WHEN- it's what am I going to do IF- then focus on everything positively- things go smoothly when I have thought it out in my mind how I want things to go.. and it has changed my life.