She found me!!!

So, I went to the Zoo a few weeks ago and as I was getting on the train I thought I saw a childhood friend. I didn't want to stare and couldn't really get a good second glance. So when I got home later that afternoon, I got on good ol' facebook and looked her up. I tried everything. Well, that is everything except the correct spelling. Then today when I checked my email I saw that she found me on facebook! YAY!!!

(At Lizzie's house 3 doors up)



(Lizzie is the tall redhead on the left of me...the birthday girl... Other people in this picture are: (top left:Cousin Shannon holding my brother Ben, Cousin Andi, Lizzie, Me, Cousin Jenny, Alicia, Tara, Brother Rich, bottom row: Brother John, Kim, Cousin Nikki, Jacki, Trisha, Alison, and Katie) I am still smiling even though my {dumb} brothers are in the picture, my cousin Aimee started crying and went home, and my friend Brooke fainted and spilled all the apple juice, and had to go home. Happy 8th birthday )

I have such fond memories of Lizzie Gardner. She moved away from North Salt Lake to East High territory when I was (I wanna say 5?) and our moms helped us keep in contact. We had so many great times. I remember watching Nightmare on Elm Street for the first time with her, playing all sorts of imaginary games that little girls play, and being scared out of my mind when she made up ghost stories about the ghost with icy fingers. She was always so fun and animated! We spent a lot of time at her Grandma's house (and one New Year's Eve she had me convinced that the sparkling cider I drank was actually champagne!) I also remember crushing on her big brothers and loving when they teased us and having the hardest time understanding why she didn't want them to play with us! (I eventually got it!) The more I type, the more I remember. Sights, smells, feelings, we were the best of friends.

It is so great, the technology that re-unites us. Way to go Facebook! (ps, she is Liz Jaggi now! Not Yaggi like I was searching the world over for!)

2 comments:

Marcie said...

How funny! I played basketball at East with Lizz when I was there! She got much taller!!!! What a small word!!!

Aimee said...

I got over my sleep-over/crying issues although I am still a homebody. Funny the things we remember.