I taught Ashlyn's Kindergarten class and AJ's 2nd grade class the Pledge of Allegiance in Sign Language today.
Last semester in school I had to do a "Term Project" that had some sort of effect on the Deaf community...or something along those lines. I decided to teach AJ's and Ashlyn's school classes the Pledge of Allegiance in ASL. I scheduled times with their teachers and viola! I went to Ash's class first and was so impressed with her class! Those little Kindergarteners are so well behaved! I was given 30 minutes and worried that their attention spans would be tested when I hit 5 minutes, but they just soaked it up. Even though Ashlyn is probably the only one who will remember it (if I help her at home) it was a lot of fun being with her in her class.
Aj's class was pushing their limits with their attention spans, but soaked up the signs perfectly! His teacher said they would practice every day they recite the pledge. We'll see how that goes!
0 comments:
Post a Comment