As a young woman, I took pride in my bladder. Public restrooms were urban ledgends, stories told by those in desperate need of a break from current company regardless of their travels. I could hold it for a year if necessary, then relieve myself in the blink of an eye. Now, for some reason (stop trying to blame the diet coke) possibly related to multiple pregnancies or age even, I plan my errands around places with beautiful bathrooms. I will find myself at Smiths with their sunflower stamped tiles, or Tai Pan and their huge waste cans and bending hallway, or slightly disappointed at the retail craft-stores (plain white? a craft store, really???), but the one thing I look forward to, the one consistency is the equal provision of luxury stalls. To most, they are disguised as handicap stalls, but as a seasoned urinator, I know better. I can only safely say this because not once have I ever completed my task, opened the door, and found someone waiting for my lush relief zone. I know putting this out there puts my convenience at risk, but I can be selfish no longer.
Consider yourself "In" on the secret.
Welcome to "posh"-er living.

3 comments:
I love your "rants" and believe you should find someone to publish you. I agree with your upscale living, and have found the more I travel the more irritated I am with whom ever it is that belives women packing several peices of carry on luggage can possibly fit into a stall aproximately 36" wide, and not nearly deep enough.Don't worry, your secret's safe with me, sister!
LOL!! I use the BIG stalls too! I feel so very trapped in the other ones. I'm always afraid I'm going to drop something (or fall) into the potty when I'm closing the door. There's no room!
I am excited to try my new found wisdom. Thanks!
Post a Comment