Yesterday, after yet another amazing (both in flavor and fun) Castleberry Sunday Dinner, Paul (my awesome bigger littlest brother) let me take home his laptop. It's intent was to let kids watch movies on it, but I found myself studying for school, social networking, and blog stalking! I rarely do this on account of our computer is in the basement... not that it's a problem being there, but it is right by the washing machine that taunts me and lets me know there is more important stuff to do than search for recipes using yams. (although now that we are sporting the front loader, the visions of the top opening, turning into a howler (harry potter reference) and yelling at me have cut back... a bit...)
But with a laptop......I am able to be in the midst of all the chaos, while dutifully you-tubing ASL videos at the same time!
I have contemplated an ipad or other tablet, and while an ipad would be a godsend for my job, I really enjoy the lap-able comfort, finger-sized alpha keys, and face forward viewing capabilities that a laptop has to offer!
My mind is set: I am keeping Paul's laptop. I guess sometimes being generous doesn't really pay off the way we hope.
Thanks bro.
3 comments:
I have 2 laptops -- Seriously priceless. One was not enough because the kids were always on it. Now 1 is mine and one is the kids. They are nothing fancy just ordered them from costco -- but they do it all
Tim and I have a desktop and a Netbook...the Netbook is mine :). When our first laptop died because it was super old, I hated having to sit in front of the computer hutch. I love my Netbook because I get to travel around the house! It rocks! It wasn't expensive either...just around $250. It doesn't have a disk drive...but that was okay with me because I use it mainly to check my email, blog, and get on Facebook. I would definitely recommend it :)
You definitely deserve one. I heart my laptop. It comes with me everywhere.
Post a Comment