(Journal entry)
Saturday, June 1 2013- Seattle, Embarkation.
After getting to bed late... Or early, as it was, (thanks to a late night showing of "Now You See Me" with Nate and Michelle) I woke up to the sound of BJS alarm. Too excited to sleep, but still tired, I lay waiting for the sound of the shower to turn off before I took my turn. It went off a little too fast for a thorough shower and he came out wearing a towel and still completely dry. "Our water isn't getting hot.", he said, on his way out of the bedroom as he headed to check the water heater. I heard muffled sounds for about 20 minutes. All I could think of was how I wished I had cleaned my basement before we went on our cruise. SO annoying. Apparently, our water heater was broken. Bj called his dad and said he'd come over when he got off work to take care of it. Sweet. After a cold shower for Bj, and a sponge bath for me, we tossed the last few items into our luggage as Linda pulled into our driveway. The flight to Seattle was so smooth and sickness-free, thanks to "wrist bands" and/or a little over the counter assistance... The time literally flew. :) even luggage pick up was a breeze! EVERYONE we traveled with made it through security unmolested and had all their baggage! The best part was, dad and mom were there with lee to take us to our ship! Well, mom wasn't there, she had to pee, but came out running and waving! I was so excited to see them! A quick (40min) ride to the cruise pier, fourteen long lines, and we finally made it on our ship! First things first: locate rooms. More like closets. It is the smallest room I've ever been in. But it looks bigger because of all the mirrors. After we saw the room, we went to the lunch buffet and ate. And ate. Then we got ice cream and shakes, then sodas to take with us as we walked and familiarized ourselves. I think by the time we know where everything is and how to get there it will be time to go home! The ship is really amazing. Then we did a life-jacket emergency training, lame, but they did their best. Bj and i had fun exploring the ship and watching the Seattle sound as we passed through. It was fun when i saw a camera and asked the cameraman to point it at brooke and paul while they were sunning by the pool and broadcast them on the jumbotron! At dinner we all sat together. Everyone loved their food, and ordered a LOT! We went to see a juggler, Matt Henry, but ended up at a cruise ship education event. The juggler was good but his portion of the entertainment was SOOO FAST!! More walking around then 45 minutes chatting with a lying stranger. We'll have one more mocktail (no-alcohol) and hit the hay! What an awesome first day. I am definitely hooked on cruising. Can't wait to see what tomorrow (open sea all day) has in store!?
Alaska Cruise: Seattle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment