Alaska Cruise: At Sea

(Journal Entry)
Sunday, June 2 2013 -at sea
Sleeping on a boat... Not the best. Sleeping on a cruise ship... Great! (Except we have a pretty hard bed)
We started off in mom and dads bedroom as we met-up for breakfast. With half of us there we headed to the Lido deck for their breakfast buffet (leaving a note for the other half to meet us there). After breakfast we ... Did something...??? After that we went and watched some of the crew make edible arrangements out of fresh fruits and vegetables. They were so cool! they made fish in the sea, eagles, owls, all sorts of cool things! Then went on a treasure hunt for a chance to win something in a drawing. Although we didn't win anything it was a good opportunity to familiarize ourselves with the ship. It's crazy to think about how tall this floating vessel is. Lunch was the grill and buffet while a few from our party decided they'd rather sleep than eat... We never have that problem. But I did relax while we watched "Back to the future" in the open Lido-deck theater. It was quite chilly but relaxing nonetheless. I have loved being at sea! I could just watch the water all day. Tonight was formal night. We got gussied up and headed to the Amalfi restaurant for dinner. Delicious as always, but the tri-tip was the winner for the evening. That and the French onion soup. After stuffing in a bit of dessert we sauntered to the lounge where there was a ventriloquist show. It was so fun to see!! What skill! Since we were all dressed to the nines, we took the opportunity to capture the moment with some photographs. Then, once again, our group divided. One going to bed, the other back up to Lido to fall asleep to a movie. Oz the Great and Powerful is one I've wanted to see, but ill have to rent it because my eyelids won the fight and we headed to bed :) now I hope sleep comes easy, Bj is snoring next to me and my eyes keep crossing as I stare at my journal entry trying to recall my day. I really miss my kids. I didn't email or anything today. Being on international waters I didn't want to be Charged a ridiculous amount. Maybe tomorrow night ill be able to FaceTime them from Juneau.

0 comments: