Going? GOing! GONE!!!
My parents host a monthly "Sunday meeting" where we get of ether at their house, eat, then have a special lesson prepared by one of the adults based on a rotation. At our April meeting (end of April) mom nonchalantly mentioned using her inheritance to take her grown children and their spouses (or almost-spouses;) on an Alaskan cruise.
WWWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT???
Yes. An Alaskan cruise. My nĂºmero uno choice as far as dream cruising destinations. My heart was beating so fast as I flipped through my calendar to see if it was even possible. Mom said she had to check into a few things and she'd let is know.
As an "emotionally protective method" I put it in the back of my head and promised myself not to think about it until mom finished her checking. A few days later, I was at a ward service project and got a text from her with the dates of the 7 day cruise and a request for confirmation. I couldn't hide my excitement from my friend Katie and when she heard the destination she said, "You HAVE to go! We will babysit your kids!"
WWWWWHHHHHAAAAATTTTT???
I was still trying to figure out if I could take a week off work and if it would work with BJS schedule when I met up with Katie and Jeff later that night for ice cream and she said, "I told Jeff about the cruise and he's excited to watch your kids too!"
WWWHHHHAAAATTTT??!!!?!?!?!
So, thanks to Katie & Jeff and their family, my boss, BJS schedule, my parents and grandma.... We could start planning our Alaskan Cruise!... That was in a month.
First, international travel documents were purchased and set aside.
Next: we had to book a flight to Seattle. Thanks to Vanessa (my friend & SWA flight attendant)we got 20% off our flight.
Planning excursions was exhausting because there were so many options (and so much $$$!)
I kept wanting to pack my outfits but couldn't really do it lest I walk around in sweats for the month. So to appease my pre-organizing tendencies I took pictures of "alaska outfits" and made lots of lists.
One fun packing was something my mom did whenever she took a big trip; daily presents for the kids. I found cheap little things that I could give our kids & Jeff and Katie's kids as a way to keep in touch while we were gone. When it was finally close enough to pack and really get ready Katie asked if she could take our kids a day early and take them to their cabin.
WWWHHHHAAAATTTT???!?!?!
I felt a little guilty sending them a day longer than the already Saturday to Saturday, but we knew they would have so much fun and it would be good to spend some fun time together since they would be at school for a big part of their time together.
So Friday, May 30 2013 we said goodbye to our kids and THANK YOU to the adventurous Cornia family.
Saturday morning, Linda (BJS mom) came and picked us up and took us to the airport. We arrived in Seattle around noon where Mom, Dad and uncle Lee were waiting to pick us up and take us to the cruise terminal. Us:Me and Bj, Rich & Carrie, John & Kj, Paul & Brooke (we were all on the same flight!) The process of getting on the ship was a very practiced and thorough process. Time consuming, yes... Thousands of people and all their luggage is bound to take a little time... But with all the excitement, time flew and before we knew it we had checked out our cabin and were heading to the lunch buffet.
Bj and I finished our lunch('s)and went back to our room to unpack. We took a slow self-guided touring our ship, "Star Princess" and took a few pictures as we departed Seattle.
My parents host a monthly "Sunday meeting" where we get of ether at their house, eat, then have a special lesson prepared by one of the adults based on a rotation. At our April meeting (end of April) mom nonchalantly mentioned using her inheritance to take her grown children and their spouses (or almost-spouses;) on an Alaskan cruise.
WWWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT???
Yes. An Alaskan cruise. My nĂºmero uno choice as far as dream cruising destinations. My heart was beating so fast as I flipped through my calendar to see if it was even possible. Mom said she had to check into a few things and she'd let is know.
As an "emotionally protective method" I put it in the back of my head and promised myself not to think about it until mom finished her checking. A few days later, I was at a ward service project and got a text from her with the dates of the 7 day cruise and a request for confirmation. I couldn't hide my excitement from my friend Katie and when she heard the destination she said, "You HAVE to go! We will babysit your kids!"
WWWWWHHHHHAAAAATTTTT???
I was still trying to figure out if I could take a week off work and if it would work with BJS schedule when I met up with Katie and Jeff later that night for ice cream and she said, "I told Jeff about the cruise and he's excited to watch your kids too!"
WWWHHHHAAAATTTT??!!!?!?!?!
So, thanks to Katie & Jeff and their family, my boss, BJS schedule, my parents and grandma.... We could start planning our Alaskan Cruise!... That was in a month.
First, international travel documents were purchased and set aside.
Next: we had to book a flight to Seattle. Thanks to Vanessa (my friend & SWA flight attendant)we got 20% off our flight.
Planning excursions was exhausting because there were so many options (and so much $$$!)
I kept wanting to pack my outfits but couldn't really do it lest I walk around in sweats for the month. So to appease my pre-organizing tendencies I took pictures of "alaska outfits" and made lots of lists.
One fun packing was something my mom did whenever she took a big trip; daily presents for the kids. I found cheap little things that I could give our kids & Jeff and Katie's kids as a way to keep in touch while we were gone. When it was finally close enough to pack and really get ready Katie asked if she could take our kids a day early and take them to their cabin.
WWWHHHHAAAATTTT???!?!?!
I felt a little guilty sending them a day longer than the already Saturday to Saturday, but we knew they would have so much fun and it would be good to spend some fun time together since they would be at school for a big part of their time together.
So Friday, May 30 2013 we said goodbye to our kids and THANK YOU to the adventurous Cornia family.
Saturday morning, Linda (BJS mom) came and picked us up and took us to the airport. We arrived in Seattle around noon where Mom, Dad and uncle Lee were waiting to pick us up and take us to the cruise terminal. Us:Me and Bj, Rich & Carrie, John & Kj, Paul & Brooke (we were all on the same flight!) The process of getting on the ship was a very practiced and thorough process. Time consuming, yes... Thousands of people and all their luggage is bound to take a little time... But with all the excitement, time flew and before we knew it we had checked out our cabin and were heading to the lunch buffet.
Bj and I finished our lunch('s)and went back to our room to unpack. We took a slow self-guided touring our ship, "Star Princess" and took a few pictures as we departed Seattle.
0 comments:
Post a Comment