Youth Conference

February 28-March 1
Heber Vallley Camp
I was asked to be an adult supervisor at our wards youth conference. I had a hard time containing my excitement to accept the opportunity. I was a little nervous because I only had a month notice. But when I realized the only thing they "needed" (loosely used) me to do, other then be an adult presence, was to help with one of the workshops on Saturday morning. (Mindi, the YW pres, and I put together electrical circuit kits containing a battery, a light bulb, and simple objects that could possibly lengthen the circuit. We compared the electrical path to our path on earth and the faith we need to get to the celestial kingdom...aka, the lightbulb. Some things on our path are a necessity in getting there, scriptures/battery, prayer/copper wiring. But, there were some obvious items in the kit that didn't work that represented the distractions that Satan places in our lives. Some distractions are subtle, and don't conduct electricity, like a non-electric magnet/some choices, but others are obviously a bad choice, like candy/drugs etc...anyway, it was Mindi's idea and it turned out really well!) I love being around the youth of our church. They have so much vigor! It brings back great memories of my youth, and the awesome leaders that I had, and I want to be to these kids, what my leaders were to me. They are at such a vulnerable stage of life. The decisions they are making will shape the rest of their lives! I hope and pray that they know how amazing each of them are and how much they are loved. It's crazy how much I love them after this one experience with them. They are so strong. I loved watching them buoy each other up and help each other out. Just being around them strengthens me and my testimony!

Now I'm even more excited than ever about girls camp!
(I'm ward camp director!!)

The downside to the date of the Youth Conference was that I missed my niece's Baptism:( I'm glad Bj was home and able to take the kids. They said it was awesome and that Calla looked adorable!

0 comments: