Hanky cinch pack

This adorable cinch pack was made from a handkerchief purchased at Hobby Lobby for $1.00. I cut 5 inches off one end and attached it to the sides (and used the leftover square to make a little tag they could write their names on!) I'm so proud of how it turned out!! The paracord is crimped because I cut apart my sons bracelet for the straps. I may be making a bunch more for girls camp so I wanted a cheap, but cute way the girls could tote their book, water bottle and sunscreen around!

This is an open pack view to show how the cord winds around under a sheer ribbon. You can also see the seam where I joined the 5inch strip. The strip is centered on the back of the pack (inside) that runs along the spine. Using a hanky saved me from stay-stitching and a top hem! This project took me an hour from idea to execution. (Including a trial run with wrapping paper!) I think if I get an assembly line, and my mom, getting 30 done in 3 hours is entirely possible! (Although purchasing a bunch would save the three hours but double the price.)

But, I love how it turned out! And so do my kids... They're all begging for their own now!

0 comments: