One more post about a 13 year old

I really don't mean to post so many memories about Ajs birthday. They were all intended to be part of one big post but I keep forgetting. But, at least my brain catches up with its self and reminds me I still have posting to do. 

On Ajs actual birthday, he really wanted to go see Maze Runner. He loved the book and was dying to see the new release. So he decided that would be his "big event". Grandma and grandpa Castleberry were actually able to come out and even went to the matinee with us (though they already saw it before). As per tradition, we asked Aj where he wanted to eat dinner (or what he wanted mom to make) and he wanted to eat at the theatre while we watched the show. The kids all ordered pizza, Which is probably what Aj would have chosen even if he wasn't at the theatre.  It's is a good thing he opened his presents in te morning before school (a couple outfits the maze runner series, Mario 3D land for 3DS, and a longboard) because when w got home from the show it was 7:00 and all he wanted to do was ride his board and play his new game. Gma and Gpa C stopped in to visit for a little bit, but didn't stay too long. 

I was amused at Ajs choice to keep his special day, "low-key" (his words) because it is SOOO not how I do things  I did appreciate the simplicity of the day and the joy in just being with him. He really is an incredible young man and I love him so much!






They make life so, so good. 
Happy 13th Aj. These are gonna be the best days of your life. 

0 comments: