
I absolutely love that my kids enjoy reading. Ever since their chubby little fingers could manipulate the cardboard pages of Goodnight Moon, Runaway Bunny, and Good Dog Carl, they would find their way into my arms and ask for a story. Although they don't love when I use accents, they still occasionally enjoy listening to me read aloud. But the thing I love most, as they read their stories, is how they are brimming with emotion! Ashlyn is constantly talking about the characters in her books and their conflicts and how she hopes for them to be resolved. Aj gets so sucked into his books that when I go to bed at midnight, he is often still clinging to the pages with white knuckles and wide eyes (and suggests that the night light should probably be left on...just in case). Carson has been especially fun lately as he is bridging the gap between picture and chapter books. He is constantly recapping his latest story and offering up his books for his brother and sister to experience. I know when I hear the "no! No, no, no, no, no, NOOOOO!!!" It means he has reached the end of a book.
I know the feeling.
It's a magical world out there...waiting to be discovered.
0 comments:
Post a Comment