Clean rooms!

Knock on wood... Their rooms are CLEAN!!! Even their "shove spots" are sparkling! They could still use some shelf organizing, but I'm really happy with how they look. I should have taken some in-the-process pictures to show the magnitude of the job. The boys room was literally knee deep at some points (granted, I pulled out every item they own and threw it on the floor to sort through). I filled up our entire garbage can, and a half, with broken toys, saved plastic bottles, discarded papers and much, much more. 
Ashlyns room took the longest, but we did some major re-organizing. My proud moment of the day was when the darling fruit of my loins proclaimed, "labels are the best things EVER". I loved her suggestion that we frame in her painting she made at Kaylees birthday party a few weeks ago. Then we finally hung the arrow-hooks we bought last year when we painted her room!

Room cleaning can be such a stressful, overwhelming experience, but we kept everything light and even fun! No one even broke out into a screaming fight (WHAT?!?!). 

Now if we can just figure out how to  encourage them to KEEP them clean!

0 comments: