After our Nebraska marathon (not to be confused with the "Boston marathon") mom and I needed one more day to finish our book. Since I am still off track, today was the perfect day! Our original plan was to drive to a not-so-local dig called "Taggarts" but apparantly it's one of those so-good-we-can-get-away-with-weird-schedules places, or so I've heard, and they aren't open on Mondays so mom suggested Bear Lake! And it was the absolute perfect day for it! The drive through the canyons, with the changing leaves, was breathtaking, and it made the crest of the hill where you can see into the bear lake valley even more incredible!
Our first stop in the beautiful Bear Lake area (other than the bathroom...s) was the Paris tabernacle. A little bummed that we missed the guided tours available during tourist season, we assumed the self guided version and enjoyed the exterior.
What's the point of BL if you don't get in the water? We wouldn't know, because we dipped our toes in the refreshing icy shallows!
And a trip to Bear Lake wouldn't be complete without a raspberry shake from LeBeau's (try and contain the jealousy) and I must say they have THE best onion rings I've ever had. In. My. Life.
The book, 20 hours long, was a great story. It was so fun to listen to it all the way through, pause and comment, make predictions and assumptions, then share in our surprise at the twists and turns. I definitely recommend "The Secret Keeper" by Kate Morton.
But... The best part of the trip was spending time with my mom. Even though the conversation was nearly non-existent, just sitting by her side and seeping some of her greatness is all I need. She really is an incredible woman and I thank my Father every night for being born to the family I was sent to.
Thanks for the trip momma! Love ya!




0 comments:
Post a Comment