We love Saturdays. They are pretty packed, but with only two kids (Aj and Carson) currently involved in team sports, we don't feel the stress we felt last fall when all three kids were playing soccer. Although we are bummed Ash isnt involved in anything yet (but there is a plan in motion...) we love having her cheer along side us. The best thing about this season is between soccer and Lacrosse, we only have one game that overlaps (which happens to be the last game of the season, which unfortunately Bj will be at work. But we will work that out when it's closer. I'm kinda hoping for heavy snow so they're both cancelled:) I digress...)
Aj is on the "Herriman-Juniors-Red" team which is 7-8 graders. I am really bummed about how little playing time Aj gets because he really is an asset. He has proved to be the fastest kid on the team, but because he is a first season player, he doesn't have the experience many of the other team-members have, thus, his field time has not been more than 5 minutes during an entire game. Which is crap. His first game, last week, they were ahead by 8 points before the coach put him in. And todays game, which they lost 3-0, he had less than 3 min play-time for the entire game. I get really frustrated because I think he is underutilized, but when I asked him if it bothered him that he didn't get much game play, he said no. So apparently he is content with practicing three, two-hour, days a week, countless hours in our backyard and other locations, just to sit on the sideline. I guess I'll try and be less frustrated.
Carsons soccer team, the Hawks, has been playing together for a few years and is currently in first place in the "Comp" circuit. Carson isn't the strongest player on his team, but he absolutely loves it. I wish he would get more play time as well, but I'm not as frustrated about his situation as Aj's. I was really bummed last week when I had to miss part of his game and showed up just before half time and he didn't get played once while I was there. But, in defense of the coach, Jeff Gaisford, he did warn the parents before we went "Comp" that if we chose to stay with the team, we would be playing to win, and the boys that could make that happen would be the ones with the most field time. Both of my boys show great promise during practice, but during field time, they tend to buckle a bit under pressure. Unfortunately, the only way to get past that is by getting more game-time. And now we're back to square one.
Anyway. Enough about my whining. I really do enjoy our time together on Saturdays. Today was the perfect day. We had a delicious fruity crépe breakfast, then the boys played in the back yard and on the x-box, for s bit, while Ash and I did crafts together. After a quick sandwich we headed to AJ's game on 9400 s and 300 e. Then between games we went to Barnes and noble, a couple blocks from Aj's game, where it was hosting "authorpalooza" and had a bunch of authors and their new books available for signings and descriptions. It was so fun! After we filled a bag with promising books, we headed up the street for Carson's game. Bj and Aj practiced lax passes at Carson's field park then we headed to Noodles & co. for dinner where I took this picture (which was fun with everyone wearing their Hawks shirts that a dad on Carsons team had ordered). Back at home we all decompressed with the movie "Furious 7" which Ash quickly abandoned and Carson was snoring through.
It really was a practically-perfect Saturday with my practically-pefect familia.

0 comments:
Post a Comment