Little things

Every mom I know expresses feelings of inadequacy.  I am no exception.  Especially since working full time, I feel like so many things that use to be important, get pushed aside.  Everyone is happy and healthy, and that's all that I can really ask for, but I really miss the little things about being a stay at home mom.  With my job as a educational sign language interpreter, I get to go off track.  When I track off, I get a taste of the little things that I miss.  I don't know if it is good to get that little taste every few months, or if it's better to just find out another way to implement a different angle.  Regardless I am off track again, and without even thinking, as I prepare dinner, I arrange our veggies in a "fancy" way and I can't remember the last time my kids complemented me so much!  They made me feel so accomplished, and validated.  It is amazing how a few heart felt words make such a difference in my day.  Sometimes, I guess I'm doing alright.  Who would have thought it would take a veggie platter to boost my self esteem.

0 comments: