Service

Thai Basil.  It's our go-to for date night.  We have taken each of our kids there and although Ash is impartial, the boys loved it.  They have such a great menu, but we have been so many times that we now have our favorites.  We even have our favorite members of the staff! Last December when we went, BJ and I were the only customers and we noticed a couple staff members folding napkins in the shape of Christmas trees.  Curious, I went and asked them to show me how.  They willingly obliged and even insisted I take home a couple napkins home with me.  Nice cloth napkins.  They always greet us with a genuine smile like they remember who we are.  This time, we showed up and the little old lady that works there greeted us with the biggest smile yet then within a minute of getting our food, she came and sat next to us and said in her beautiful broken English that she was in Taiwan for the last month and brought back some chopsticks for me! She informed me that they are really good, dishwasher safe, and will last ten years.  I was so touched! Without the personal touch, we would still frequent the quaint restaurant, but the service is what keeps us going back.  Service with a smile.

0 comments: