Rotisserie chicken noodle soup

Somewhere on my blog I have a "sicken noodle soup" that is basically the same ingredients, but a crock pot version. This is the non-crock pot version. 

This perfect soup comes together very nicely. Especially if you have a helper. Here's how it goes down.....

Ingredients:
Rotisserie chicken
Country noodles
Water / Chicken bullion 
Carrots
Celery
(Pepper)

Directions:
Get a big rotisserie chicken (I like Costco's). Put your spouse to work and have him get all the meat off and trimmed into nice bite sized pieces while you do the following:

Boil 16 c. Water, with enough bullion to make broth, in large pot. (I love the culinary kind from Orson Gygi although it isn't as easy as 1cube=1 c. water... I actually have to do math... Or ask Bj to do it for me, although 16x3/4 shouldn't give me too much grief). 

While that comes to a boil, chop carrots and celery. Add to pot. Add pepper. Once water is boiling, add country noodles (Costco, once again) about halfway up the water line. Turn to med-low. The noodles take about 30 min to cook, as do the veggies, so they can all simmer together. Once noodles and carrots are soft, add chicken. Mix to incorporate then ladle into bowls. 

Slurp away. 

0 comments: