Family scripture study

I have been amazed at the lack of guff I get when this time of night rolls around. The kids are thoughtful, responsive and curious... Until Jacob 5 and the olive trees. The lull of the words got to Carson and he had to submit to the weight of his eyelids. 

So often we are counseled to have family scripture study, and as a result we will be blessed. It's interesting to look back and see what changes have come about as a result as family scripture study. 
Change 1: kids don't argue (for the 20 minutes we read) 
Change 2:..... Hmmm...

At least the kids are getting along more.

We will persevere. 

In actuality, it has been incredible to interact with particularly AJ about his interpretation of the meanings behind the text. After being his Sunday school teacher multiple times throughout his life, I've resigned to the thought that he's like his mother and doesn't look much further than what's right in front of him. But he has proven to have a very insightful take on what we are reading and I love hearing what he has to say. Ash and Cars are always willing to contribute when it's fairly obvious, or when an idea has been brought to surface, but usually aren't the first to share. 

I also love how well Bj understands and explains things. I have always struggled understanding many parts of the various scriptures and I love that when I read with Bj he doesn't ever make me feel stupid, he always offers up incredible explainations and alternate versions to clarify my confusion. It makes reading feel more like a blessing instead of a responsibility. 

Love this sweet life of mine. 

0 comments: