Oh, how I have changed

August 12, 2016

This beautiful bride is getting married tomorrow. And she is spending her pre-wedding night at my house.  Other than the beautiful event she has planned all I can think about is how much my life has changed in the past decade. Old Lizz would have been in over the top Hostess-mode.  She would have draped sheer white fabric around the mirrors.  Fresh flowers on the dresser, mints on the pillows, chilled water in the fridge, a mani-pedi scheduled, along with a cucumber mask and relaxing music to get a good nights rest.  Breakfast would have been a well-planned, yet light and fare feast.  Fruits, juices, a couple pastry's along with mini quiche.  However, this Lizz did a quick change of the sheets, olive garden (which she beat me to the check) and last minute wedding assignments before crashing.  Breakfast was a single breakfast casserole (items purchased the night before) thrown in the oven on my way out the door to carson's soccer game. It's like I don't even exist anymore!  Oh well.  She left in one piece.  That's about all I can do.



0 comments: