I feel like I have hit my creative climax and am starting a rapid decline to fizzling out, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. For such a long time one my most "prized" characteristics was my creativity. I won't say I am no longer creative, but I just lack the drive hat I once had. I still enjoy my creative outlets, well... outlet: Card Group. I've been part of this group or another for probably 10-12 years and even though the cards are still fun to make, and I'm still enjoying the creative process, my focus is more what others would enjoy rather than what I enjoy making. It sounds somewhat "noble" when I say it like that, but this was suppose to be something for me (here is the selfish beast...) this outlet was about me making time for things I like and I want to do and giving myself the break that I deserve. I am ok with the redirecting of "me-time" but feel a little guilty filling the "me-time" with Netflix instead of developing a talent or investing my time in something that will encourage long lasting and rewarding results.
Oh well.
That's enough of that.
Here are my contributions for this session:
Yes... that is a puffy Pokémon sticker. Carson was over the moon when he saw it, I knew he would be, but it was a serious struggle with my creative side to stoop to making a Pokémon card. I will redeem myself.
Next time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment