Not so much a Wizard...


Ok. So. This last week Ashlyn and I were sick. So, as sick people in my world frequently do, we watched movie upon movie upon movie and so on. One movie (the obvious one I am talking about) was the Wizard of Oz. A Classic. How many times have we seen it??? Well, In my 30 years, I have seen it plenty, and enjoy it each time. This time, however, the plot finally revealed itself to me. Yes. After 30 years, I finally realize that the Scarecrow, Tinman, and Lion are all her farmhands, the Wizard is the traveling fortune teller (which I don't remember seeing at all) and the witch is in fact the mean lady who took Todo away. I don't know if it is because I never pay attention to the Black and White portion of the film, or if I am more interested in the moments of the film and not itself as a whole, or if I am just the most dense person who has ever laid eyes on this award winning, ground breaking, history making film. Maybe I should be off to see the Wizard...

5 comments:

Lizz said...

PS.I watch movies in closed caption. I hate missing dialogue, and I love the part when the munchkins are singing and they get to the part that they will celebrate as well as their children's children and there is a catholic cardinal (red robe and all) who inserts, "if any!" I had to laugh at that part!

Jaynan said...

So have you watched it with the sound from the movie turned off and playing the Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" album?

Rob and Jenn said...

Very insightful! Next time I should look for those things too! It's been years and years since I last saw it. (Hope you are feeling better...what color was it anyway?)

Steph said...

Hey Lizz - Love your blog!

Nelson Family said...

Love that movie! Thanks for the fun card party the other night and the great ideas! We really should get our kids together and play.....if you dare, mine are crazy! ;)