Day after Thanksgiving -AKA- "Operation set-up Christmas" was in effect. We got the tree up, the stockings hung, the nativities arranged, and even lights in the yard. One last thing, something I haven't done before...Tinsel. Not the kind that is in a garland and all neatly connected to a string,. . . . . the "Icicle" kind, the messy, stringy, whimsical mess that everyone has to experience at least once as a child (and regrettably once again as a parent). I was demonstrating how to neatly drape the strands over the green branches when my precious little daughter looks at me with a quizzical look, ponders her thought for a slight moment before she innocently asks me, "Why do you have tinsel in your hair"? I ran my hand through my hair, shook my head then realized she was talking about the other Tinsel, the kind that spontaneously comes with a certain age, stress, or from Lucifer himself.
Thanks for noticing Ashlyn. Thanks for noticing.

3 comments:
Awesome!!! =) Don't you love a daughter's honesty?
Thanks for letting us steal you snow shovel today... just in case you didn't notice it was missing! =)
I promise a call is coming. I just need a get a grip on my life!!! So I will call you in about a year! LOL
well at least you can call yourself festive?!? hahaha
Soooo not fun. I loved the 'from Lucifer himself' because that's the way I feel about it!
Post a Comment