Closet

To get to my closet you have to go through the master bedroom, through the master bathroom and into the closet.  I have to keep my closet door closed. It just makes sense.  BJ insists on keeping it open because "if it is closed it will trap in moisture and ruin everything in there". Why interrupt your visual line with an open door.  Especially when what's behind that door is a major misrepresentation of me and the way I live my life.  Not a moment goes by when I am in the bathroom or closet that I don't think about gutting it and doing  a major overhaul.  (Not to mention the sneaky re-occurring thought of cutting a hole in the wall to the void behind it and creating a christmas gift hiding spot!!!)  Other than the entire unfinished basement, it is my last "Shove Spot" left. It houses not only clothes and shoes, but weapons (and ammunition...That's a whole different story) wrapping papers, leather working sets, coffee table books, tupperware, pictures, the whole spectrum of feminine notions, tools, fire safes, bags (yes, bags plural) of crap from cleaning out the car,  tapes and cd's, musical instruments (seriously, a ukulele, guitar, an amp and I think a pair of broken maracas), all sorts of random outdated electrical cords, golf balls, linens, even a silicone boob, among many other very miscellaneous effects. 

I wonder if I could have a "Closet Sale", I wonder who would come...

0 comments: