Ash is 11!

What a great day to turn 11! I am so extremely blessed to have this girl in my life. She is thoughtful, considerate, organized, creative, and kind. Oh yeah, and did I mention super fun!?!?
To celebrate her day we started off with German pancakes and applesauce. After she opened some gifts from us (her outfit, a kendama, a lap-desk, and watch) we got ready and headed to Lehi for a surprise hair appointment where she got a trim and bangs cut! (And a blue streak clipped in) And, what's a new hair-do of your toenails are unpolished?  After remedying the faux pas with a soothing polish and massage, we met up with BJ and Carson at Cafe Rio where the birthday girl indulged in two kids quesadillas (big-spender). 
When we got home we were pleasantly surprised by all the decorating BJ & Carson had done in preparation for Ash's desired 80's night!  With balloons, streamers, and all sorts of 3D decor and a make-shift photo booth, we were ready to rock and roll all night!
As her guests showed up, they snapped some poses in our photo booth then headed to the kitchen table to make a pocket door hanger in their favorite 80's coloring styles. Once all the girls arrived they spent more time "photo boothing" enjoying all the 80's trimmings and bodacious speech bubbles, lips and mustaches. A single round of the pictionary/telephone game, Telestrations, and it was time to eat pizza and have delicious cupcakes (prepared willingly by the birthday girl herself). When it was time to open presents, I clinched my jaw in anticipation hoping Ash would be a gracious gift opener... She's notorious for seeming blasè as she gives the gift a once-over. After years and years of talks and gift-opening-pep-talks, I couldn't have been more proud. She gave each gift giver the attention they deserved and expressed the right amount of sincere appreciation for the present. (Whew! Normally, she looks at it and sets it aside and reaches for the next one... Then after everyone leaves she raves and raves!...which she still did tonight! After the party died down and she put in her new movie "Maleficent", and surrounded herself by her new treasures while touching, admiring, trying, and showing her brothers. 
I forgot a couple gifts I had hidden in my closet, including the movie, her pjs, and some earrings, so that was a fun wind-down surprise for her. I did manage to get an interview in for her 10 year old reminiscing here are a few:

Favorite color: blue
Favorite tv show: Cupcake Wars and Once Upon A Time
Favorite restaurant: cafe rio or McDonald's. 
Activities enjoyed: 5 crowns (card game) apples to apples (game)
After school snack: ham and cheese hot pocket
Favorite school subject: art
Favorite movie: maleficent
Couple memories of the previous year: "we went bowling for my 10th birthday, that was really fun!" "Painting my room was a new experience."starting dance, again", "fourth of July with family"

I absolutely love this girl and physically ache to think of not having her in my life. I'm so thankful for all she does for me and our family. She's the best!

Happy birthday Ashlyn!!

1 comments:

@mie said...

Emerie absolutely LOVED the party! Happy Birthday Ash!