Feeling Guilty

A while ago (maybe even 3 years ago) I saw this picture on my cousin Aimee's blog (who is a "must-read" by the way) and I haven't been able to get it out of my head!
Especially tonight, after yet another amazing Castleberry Family Sunday get-together I can't help but feel a little guilty for having such a happy family!


(anonymous postcard sent to "post secret")

I left my parents overflowing with love (and a splitting headache from the noise) I just have to spill some of that love out onto my Dell.

Brothers: Sorry to those who never had any. They're the best. I should know, I have 5.

Matt- I love the common interests we share. I love watching you with your kids, you really really love them. I love your energy and desire to better yourself and your situation. I love the way your smile lights up when I see you. I love your courage.

Rich- Even though I prayed many times as a child that you would die, I am glad you didn't, you make the world a better place. I love your contagious love for life. I love (and am no longer surprised by)your perception of emotions of those around you.

John- I loved being your sister as a child, and love being your sister as an adult. I love your inner strength (and am amazed by your outer strength!). I love your willing and helpful attitude, and I love your strengthening insight.

Ben- I love your passion for life. I love how you take every situation as an opportunity to improve and grow. I love your obvious, unabashed love for your wife. I love how excited you always seem to see me and my family.

Paul- I love being your big sister. I love chillin' with you. I love that I can look up to you. I love your playful spirit (and so do your nieces and nephews!). I love your devotion and respect towards our parents. I love your optimism. (and I love my wifi!)

Paul, Ben, John, (Me), Rich, Matt

Love you guys.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

LOVE this post.
ate up every word.
love that you loved/love having brothers. Especially IF we have one more and IF it is a girl I could know she too might love having brothers, like you do, right!

Aimee said...

I remember when your mom had Paul and we were at my house and my dad came in and said, "your mom had another baby boy!" and you were like "ughhh, another boy?!" I remember thinking that was so funny and how sad I felt for you that you didn't have a sister but now I know you totally love your brothers and I think that is so awesome. You are lucky to get all the girl attention too.

We are all lucky to have such great families. And yes, I feel so guilty sometimes too. I hope to recreate the same energy with my whole kids.

Isn't it cool to be adults and be friends with your sibs? I love it.

I love your brothers too.

Castleberry Photography said...

I agree with you. Look how cute you all are!! They love you.