FLASHBACK

Pet Name "Hall of Shame"
What is it about having a child that makes you call them anything other than their given name?

It started with baby AJ (Joseph Richard White IV...long story)
 AJ was known as Baby, Baby Boy, Buddy, Angel Boy, Handsome Schmansome, Sweet-ness, Baby Blue Eyes, but mostly, Little Man... nothing that would make him hang his head.

When Ashlyn was born, she was Angel Girl, Princess (of course), Little lady, DQ (Drama Queen...actually, that one fits now more than when she was a baby), Sissy, Sissabelle, Ladybug, Ash-a-rooskie, and Sweet Pea...I'll admit, some are a little lopsided. (just wait)


With Carson it was outright embarassing with Carsee-Boy, Cars-a-doodle-doo, Carsaroni, Carcinogenic,... it doesn't get much better.

Well, yesterday, I was talking to AJ and he was being so stinking sweet to me and in our loving exchange of words, I let out with an un-filtered combination of Sweet-Pea and Sweet-ness.... Throw the two around your tongue and see what you come up with (forget the second sweet).  That's not the first time it happened.  The post is titled Flashback for a reason... That potent combination of two sweet words ended up heard by our little ladybug more than any little lady should ever hear.  (Although AJ got a good laugh out of it)

Head hanging,
cheeks rose-ing,
-mom

1 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

Hahahaha! I LOVE it! I've mixed up a couple of Emmy's nicknames, but I've never made a combination like that :). I love the names you've had for each of your kids. I keep telling Tim that our Emery will grow up not knowing her real name...because I think we've called her Emery about twice since she was born :). Glad you updated! It's good to see what's going on with your family!