While at Kneaders for lunner (lunch/dinner) enjoying the delicious raspberry bread pudding and chili in a sourdough bread bowl, Bj and I sat next to two women and two children. Beautiful and Exotic, I'll call the mothers, Darling and Precious, i'll call the children. Beautiful was sitting next to Darling sharing her food. Darling, I assumed, was around 3. Beautiful shared her food, Darling picked at her chips and sandwich and wiping Beautiful's mouth. Beautiful was so outwardly happy to be sharing the moment with the adorable little Darling. Exotic was trying to pacify Precious. Not throwing a fit, but not really happy, but at 8-11 months (my guess) communication and restaurants aren't prominent. Exotic was present, but not in love with her child like Beautiful was. I sat in my seat sharing my kid-free moments with BJ wondering when I went from Beautiful to Exotic. I remember a time when I enjoyed simple moments with my kids. Now, like Exotic, taking them out isn't as enjoyable. I know it's my own fault. I just watched Beautiful and craved the care-free moments I miss with my kids. I even made a silent pledge to make it a point to avoid the stern fallback that I've become. I know why I changed. It happens. Change is unavoidable. After an entire lunch of intense, yet subtle observation (AKA spying and eavesdropping) Exotic loaded precious in a stroller, turned the stroller and I realized it was a double stroller... Darling was hers too.
Lightbulb.
Thanks for the lesson Beautiful.
Lightbulb.
Thanks for the lesson Beautiful.
0 comments:
Post a Comment